Tuesday 4 September 2012

Blog choices

Dr John Yeoman's blog at Writers' Village is always good value when it comes to initiating literary controversy.

The article that caught my eye this week was "Were Dan Brown's Novels Written by a Computer Program?"

Interesting take on what may be the way forward or too far-fetched to be true? What do you think?

The rate I'm writing, it may be the only way I ever get anything published at all.  :-)

Audacity

On holiday this week but I have  edits and course preparation to tie up before enjoying myself. The idea is to learn a few new skills along the way and so back to the drawing board.

This is bubbl.us, a free brainstorming tool which lets you export your design as a jpg to your computer. Here's my mini effort for the new learning I'm undertaking.
  I'll need to bold the print but at the minute this suits me as only the first level child bubbles are clear and that's as far as I've thought.

My first project will be recording with Audacity and for that I'm following the challenge and links on the edublogs teacher challenges. Sadly some of the links--notably the readings from YA novels--no longer work, I would guess because of copyright issues.

So join me this month in creating a podcast--of your blog posts for listeners, of your book excerpts  for readers, of your daily writing diary to communicate with your friends and blog subscribers.


Kindle


Wish I could write a book in three days, six days, ten days or whatever the marketers would have me believe. 

Sadly one idea leads to another, the book increases in content. I find myself absorbed by the issues of further research, cover design, formatting, marketing...
But I do have a folder on my desktop proudly labelled mybook :-)

Some day, one day. And it better be soon. 


 MuseOnlineWritersConference 2012 begins on October 8. Cut off date for registrations is September 25. Sign up--so many pitch sessions and learning opportunities not to be missed. I'm off right now to hunt down last year's username and password to be sure of registering in time.

1 comment:

  1. I like the look of that brainstorming tool. Thanks, I'll check that out.
    Good luck with the motivation for your novel, Annie. I can't wait to read a novel written by you. I'll happily critique chapters once you get going, if you'll let me.

    I look at writing like knitting a cardigan. One stitch at a time and every stich a labour of love - well, until I make a mistake and have to undo, undo, undo. Stayed up till 2:00 am last night to finish my husband's cardigan. It felt like I was writing to meet a deadline. :)At least with knitting I have something to show for the effort.

    What do you mean 'edits before pleasure'? Editing IS pleasure :) isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here: